Go Red Campaign
The University of Richmond is proud to sponsor the Go Red campaign again this year. Go Red is the American Heart Association's nationwide movement to increase awareness and education of heart disease in women.
In recognition of Go Red, the Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness will be illuminated in red for the month of February as seen in the photograph above. We will also be offering a variety of programs and services that will focus on heart health:
- National Wear Red Day
- On February 5, kick off the campaign right and wear red to show your support!
- Cholesterol Screenings
- February 2, 16, and 23 from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. in the Weinstein Center. Pre-registration is required.
- Happy Heart Hour
- Wednesday, February 3, from 4:30–6 p.m. at The Cellar of THC.
- We will discuss the importance of Heart Health Basics include your numbers for: Blood Pressure, Cholesterol and Triglycerides. Dr. Barnett Gibbs of Henrico Cardiology Associates will discuss what those numbers mean, and more importantly, how they affect your overall health. Refreshments will be provided. This includes heavy hors d’ oeuvres, non-alcoholic drinks and one beer or wine ticket. There will be a cash bar for all other purposes. Please bring photo ID.
- Please register on UR Talent Web. The program is limited to 50 participants.
- This program is offered in collaboration with Human Resources and HCA Virginia.
- Heart Healthy Fitness Classes
- Pumped Up: Mondays, 12:15–1:15 p.m. in room 203
- Kickboxing: Tuesdays, 6-7 p.m. and Thursdays, 2-3 p.m. in room 203
- Cardio Blast: Wednesdays, 4-5 p.m. in room 203
- Power Flow Yoga: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. in room 203
- Synergy Circuit: Wednesdays, 12:15-1 p.m. on the 2nd floor synergy rack
- Water Works: Tuesdays, 5:30–6:15 p. m. in the pool
- 11 Spinning and Cycle classes are offered weekly!
View the full schedule here.
For More Information
About the campaign: Go Red for Women