Join Recreation & Wellness for a program that includes three days of fitness activites and events. Space is limited and will be on a first come, first serve basis. A (super soft) Fitness Frenzy t-shirt can be earned for your participation!
Go Red Campaign
The University of Richmond is proud to sponsor the Go Red campaign again this year. Go Red is the American Heart Association's nationwide movement to increase awareness and education of heart disease in women.
In recognition of Go Red, the Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness will be illuminated in red for the month of February as seen in the photograph above. We will also be offering a variety of programs and services that will focus on heart health:
- National Wear Red Day
- On February 6, kick off the campaign right and wear red to show your support!
- Cholesterol Screenings
- February 10, 19, and 24 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. in the Weinstein Center. Pre-registration is required.
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Recreation and Wellness has partnered with UREMS to offer BP screenings on February 10, 19, and 24 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. in the Weinstein Center. No registration is required, walk-ups are welcome!
- Food for Thought: Heart Health
- Wednesday, February 11, from 5–6 p.m. at The Cellar of THC.
- Enjoy heavy hors d'oeuvres, non-alcoholic drinks, and 1 wine ticket (cash bar will be available for other/additional drinks) while the physicians of HCA Virginia dicuss heart health, how wine may have a positive influence on your heart, the importance of knowing your numbers, and the latest and greatest in science and technology in caring for your heart.
- Please register on UR Talent Web. The program is limited to 50 participants.
- This program is offered in collaboration with Human Resources and HCA Virginia. To be eligible you must be a UR employee.
- Heart Healthy Fitness Classes
- Pumped Up: Mondays, 12:15–1:15 p.m. in room 203
- Hip Hop Dance: Mondays, 2–3 p.m. in room 203
- Power Flow Yoga: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. in room 203
- Circuit Training: Wednesdays, 6:30–7:30 p.m. in room 203
- Water Works: Thursdays, 5:30–6:30 p.m. in the pool
- Step Fitness: Fridays, 2–3 p.m. in room 203
For More Information
About the campaign: Go Red for Women