Recreation and Wellness is actively involved in supporting sustainability practices at the University. Green initiatives include:
- Weinstein Center for Recreation and Wellness is certified LEED Gold, one of several LEED buildings on campus. View the case study for additional information.
- Bike sharing, departmental bikes, mountain bike rentals, and repair services offer alternative modes of transportation
- Gently used weight and cardio equipment is recycled and sold to the community, rather than discarded
- The new disc golf course was built using recycled materials
- Waste and energy audits in recreation facilities help identify ways to conserve resources
- Staff participate in the University's green office program aimed at improving energy efficiency across campus